CHAMPIONS WITH DISABILITY
Last two years have been challenging and pushed us all to the limit in every way possible. As India bends the COVID-19 curve, with brighter days ahead, it is time to rise to the clarion call for a resurgence. A resurgence of hope and belief.
The Tata Mumbai Marathon for 17 glorious years has been the pride of this city; a beacon of hope and generosity from Mumbai to the world. The event has not only revolutionized the sport of distance running in India but has grown to become a testimony of the power of the human spirit, and the wonders one can achieve as a collective.
It is with gratitude and pleasure we bring to you the 2023 edition of the Tata Mumbai Marathon.
Participating at the 2023 edition will see new and interesting elements being added, all aimed at enhancing the race week and race weekend experience. It’s important that you go through the mandated health protocols and applicable qualification criteria given below, prior to applying for the race. For regular updates, keep visiting this event website and the TMM social handles.
Race Day: Sunday, 15th January 2022
Race category distance: 1.3 km
Start on Friday, 26th August 2022, 7 AM IST
End on Saturday, 29th October 2022, 11.59 PM IST or as soon as running places are filled, whichever is earlier.
Minimum age eligibility to apply for :
Champions with Disability applicant race category is 12 years (born on or before 14.01.2011)
Champions with Disability buddy (attendant) is 18 years (born on or before 14.01.2005)
Charity Running Places:
NGOs registered with the Event’s Philanthropy Partner, United Way Mumbai, have been allotted limited charity running places, which can be availed by applicants directly through the participating NGOs. Charity running places will be available with the participating NGOs for a donation from 26th August to 18th December 2022 or until charity running places last, whichever is earlier. Applicants, under charity running places, will also need to submit a COVID-19 vaccination certificate certifying the applicant being fully vaccinated at the time of registration. You may log on to the Philanthropy Partner’s website www.unitedwaymumbai.org/tmm for more details.
All applicants and confirmed participants of the Tata Mumbai Marathon 2023 are requested to visit the event website: https://tatamumbaimarathon.procam.in/ for regular updates.
- The Champions with Disability Run category is a non-timed, participative category. Timing certificates will not be issued for this category.
- Participation in the Champions with Disability (CWD) is open for individuals with the following disabilities: physical/locomotor disability, intellectual impairment, visual impairment, hearing impairment and orthopedic or neurological disorder.
- We recommend participants of the Champions with Disability be accompanied by his/her Buddy (attendant) on race day. The buddy must be 18 years and above (born on or before 14th Jan 2011) and fully vaccinated (as approved by WHO)at the time of registration. The Buddy is required to fill in a separate form and submit the same along with the form of the Champions with Disability participant, marking the said form as “Buddy of _______ (name of Champions with Disability participant)”. Entry fee is charged for the Buddy (as mentioned in the application fee). Click here to understand the role of a Buddy before and on race day.
- All CWD participants must be born on or before 14th Jan 2011 and fully vaccinated (as approved by WHO) at the time of registration. Buddies accompanying CWD participants must be of minimum 18 years as on 14th January 2023 The vaccination certificate must accompany the completed registration form for the application to be accepted.
Participation confirmation shall be subject to –
- Entry rules and regulations
- Having taken both doses of COVID-19 vaccination approved by WHO at the time of registration.
- In order to collect running bibs from the TMM 2023 Expo (Wednesday, 11th January to Saturday, 14th January 2023), this edition participants will need to choose their bib collection time slots. Slots will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Confirmed participants residing in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Thane are requested to choose their bib collection time slots across 11th January to 13th January, allowing time slots available on 14th January for outstation and overseas participants to collect their running bibs.
Please read the Health Mandatories for details; the requirements mentioned therein must be fulfilled by all applicants at the time of registration and as advised by the event promoter from time to time.On race day, registered participants will be lined up on a first come first served basis and will begin their race in waves at regular short intervals.
- All finishers of the Champions with Disability race category will get the participation lapel pin post their run on race day (lapel pins will not be posted to individual runners). Participation certificates of CWD participants will be available for download from https://www.sportstimingsolutions.in/ post 7 working days from race day.
- Race day tee is not offered to Champions with Disability Run participants.
- For more information, please check FAQs.