Prize Money Rules
- Race results announced on race day will be ‘ provisional’. Final results and entitlement to prize money shall be subject to the rules mentioned herein and the Race Regulations.
- Only those marathon runners confirmed by the Event Promoter as elite starting their race at 7:20 a.m., will be entitled to be considered for prize money given in Chart A and B, and jackpot and bonus earnings given in Chart C and D respectively, of the prize money structure, where applicable.
- A confirmed marathon elite runner starting his/her race at any start time other than 7:20 a.m. shall be disqualified from the Event.
- An Elite runner, Indian or international, who is one of the top overall marathon finishers, will be entitled to prize money stated in Chart A. The first 10 Indian elite marathon finishers who do not finish in the top overall marathon finishers, will be entitled to prize money in Chart B. However, where an Indian Elite runner finishes as one of the top overall marathon finishers, he/she will receive prize money stated either in Chart A or Chart B, whichever is higher
- In the instance of an Indian elite availing of the higher prize money amount from Chart B, there will be no change in the overall finishing position of the said Indian elite runner; the overall finishing positions remain the same.
- Finish positions of the elite marathon runners shall be basis gun time only.
Marathon Course Record Jackpot [Chart C]:
- Jackpot for top overall elite marathon finishers – The Jackpot will be divided amongst top 3 elite athletes finishing sub 2:08:35s (Men, 2:08:34s or faster) / sub 2:24:33s (Women, 2:24:32s or faster).
- Jackpot for top overall Indian elite marathon finishers – The Jackpot will be divided amongst top 3 Indian elite athletes finishing sub 2:15:48s (Men, 2:15:47s or faster) / sub 2:34:55s (Women, 2:34:54s or faster).
- The above marathon course record jackpot is eligible only for the elite marathon runners.
Time Performance Bonus [Chart D]:
- Only confirmed Indian marathon elites are entitled to the performance bonuses.
- An Indian elite must have crossed the timing mat at the specified kilometre point within the time specified to be entitled to the bonus amount. For the sake of clarity, where an Indian male elite crosses the timing mat at 10K point under 32 minutes, he shall be entitled to a bonus amount of ₹ 40,000 over and above any prize money he may be entitled to by virtue of his final finish rankings.
- It is clarified that entitlement to a time performance bonus shall be subject to the Indian elite having completed the entire marathon distance within 4½ hours and having crossed all timing points on the course, including the start and finish mats.
- Only confirmed marathon (non-elite) runners falling within the age groups given below, and starting their race at 5:15 a.m. will be entitled to be considered for prize money mentioned in Chart E to Chart P respectively of the prize money structure.
- Marathon (non-elite) runners participating across various age categories must start their race at 5:15 a.m. Where they start their race at any other time, they forego their participation at the event, and thereby their timings, rankings and prize money entitlement under the respective age categories.
- Finish positions of non-elite marathon runners falling within the age groups (as mentioned in point 8 above) will be based on net finish times only.
- Runners must cross the start line within the time mentioned below to be eligible for timings, rankings and thereby prize money (where applicable) –
- Elite marathon runners within 40 seconds of gun start.
- b. Marathon (non-elite) runners – by 5:50 a.m.
- The cut-off of finish times for prize money entitlement for the elite marathon and marathon (non-elite) race categories are 4½ hours and 6½ hours from respective start times.
- In addition to the above, entitlement to finish positions and prize money winnings are also subject to –
- Bib tag timing captured across all timing points on the course, including at the start and finish mats,
- Physical verification by technical officials and anti-cheat cameras, and
- Dope test results (applicable only for relevant elite marathon finishers).
- An elite marathon athlete refusing, for reasons whatsoever, to undergo dope testing (where chosen) will be disqualified from this Event and shall not be allowed to participate in the subsequent two editions of the Event. His/her finish position at the Tata Mumbai Marathon 2020 and consequent prize money entitlement shall stand disqualified and forfeited.
- Runners found to have interchanged their running number bib and/or bib tag with others, will be disqualified from the competition. Such runners shall not be entitled to any timing or prize money (where applicable).
- Prize winners declared may be required to submit further proof of identity/age, as may be required by the Event Promoter, for disbursement of prize money, failing which the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, withhold disbursement or disqualify the said participant from competition.
- Prize Money, Jackpot and Bonus winnings are subject to applicable Indian Income Tax Rules, and the same would be borne by the winner.
- Indian Elite runners entitled to prize money given in Chart A, will receive prize money equivalent in Indian Rupees calculated at the applicable exchange rate as on date of disbursement. Marathon age category winners from overseas will receive prize money equivalent in U S Dollars calculated at the applicable exchange rate as on date of disbursement.
Protests and Appeals:
A] Only with respect to results of Marathon Elite (overall and Indian) finish positions:
- The athlete and/or his/her representative can appeal to the Race Referee in relation to the official race results declared, in writing, within 30 minutes of the official announcement of the results on race day. Results will be put up at the elite athlete tent.
- The protest letter needs to be submitted at the Elite Result Appeals Desk outside the men elite athlete tent.
- Where the Race Referee makes a decision, the athlete and/or the representative has the right to appeal to the Jury of Appeal. An appeal to the Jury of Appeal must be made at the Elite Result Appeals Desk within 30 minutes – (i) of the official announcement of the amended result which has been arrived at from the decision by the Race Referee, or (ii) of informing the person lodging the protest that the results will not be amended.
- The Jury of Appeal shall deliver its decision within 14 working days of filing the appeal. The decision of the Jury of Appeal shall be final and there shall be no further right of appeal.
- The Protests and Appeals for the elite races will be guided by rules given in this document, and the World Athletics Competition Rules in force on race day (i.e. 19th January 2020).
B] Only with respect to results of Marathon Age Category finish positions:
- Any confirmed marathon runner of the Tata Mumbai Marathon 2020 can lodge a protest in relation to the official race results in relation to the age category finish positions declared after the race.
- The Protest Letter must be sent to the following address: Race Director, Tata Mumbai Marathon 2018, C/o Procam International Pvt. Ltd., 14, St. James Court, Marine Drive, Mumbai 400 020, India.
- Only the protest letters received on or before Thursday, 23 rd January 2020, will be entertained.
- A jury shall deliberate, verify and deliver its decision on the Protest within 14 working days of receiving the Protest Letter. The decision will be intimated to the person lodging the protest and shall be featured on the event website, where in favourable.
- Decision of the Event Promoter shall be final and binding on all.
- Timing results: Where the timing result of an amateur marathon runner with respect to his/her gender and/or age, is required to be updated online, the runner needs to write, no later than 23/01/2020, at email@example.com, specifying the nature of edit required and attaching the relevant proof of change. Requests received after 23/01/2020 will not be entertained.
Age group: 18 yrs. to less than 25 yrs.
Age group: 25 yrs. to less than 30 yrs.
Age group: 30 yrs. to less than 35 yrs.
Age group: 35 yrs. to less than 40 yrs.
Age group: 40 yrs. to less than 45 yrs.
Age group: 45 yrs. to less than 50 yrs.
Age group: 50 yrs. to less than 55 yrs.
Age group: 55 yrs. to less than 60 yrs.
Age group: 60 yrs. to less than 65 yrs.
Age group: 65 yrs. to less than 70 yrs.
Age group: 70 yrs. to less than 75 yrs.
Age group: 75 yrs. and above