PRIZE MONEY RULES
- Race results announced on race day will be ‘provisional’. Final results and entitlement to prize money shall be subject to the rules mentioned herein and the Race Regulations.
- Only those marathon runners confirmed by the Event Promoter as elite starting their race at the official marathon elite start time on race day will be entitled to be considered for prize money specifically carved out for the marathon elite race category.
- Marathon runners not confirmed as elite must start their race from the designated start line, at the official start time of the marathon (amateurs/open) race category on race day; starting your race at any other start time/place will lead to disqualification of your participation from the 2023 edition.
- Only confirmed marathon (amateurs/open) runners falling within the age groups given below,
and starting their race in accordance with point 3 above will be entitled to be considered for prize money mentioned in the prize money structure for the marathon (amateurs/open) race category:
Age group: 18 yrs. to less than 25 yrs.
Age group: 25 yrs. to less than 30 yrs.
Age group: 30 yrs. to less than 35 yrs.
Age group: 35 yrs. to less than 40 yrs.
Age group: 40 yrs. to less than 45 yrs.
Age group: 45 yrs. to less than 50 yrs.
Age group: 50 yrs. to less than 55 yrs.
Age group: 55 yrs. to less than 60 yrs.
Age group: 60 yrs. to less than 65 yrs.
Age group: 65 yrs. to less than 70 yrs.
Age group: 70 yrs. to less than 75 yrs.
Age group: 75 yrs. and above
- Finish positions of amateur marathon runners falling within the age groups (as mentioned in point 4 above) will be based on net finish times only. Runners must cross the start line within 40 minutes of official
- start time of the marathon (amateurs) race category, to be eligible
- for timings, rankings and thereby prize money (where applicable).
- The cut-off of finish time for prize money entitlement for the marathon (amateur) race categories is 6½ hours from start time.
- In addition to the above, entitlement to finish positions and prize money winnings are also subject to–
- Bib tag timing captured across all timing points on the course, including at the start and finish mats, and
- Physical verification by technical officials and anti-cheat cameras.
- Runners found to have interchanged their running number bib and/or bib tag with others, will be disqualified from the competition. Such runners shall not be entitled to any timing or prize money (where applicable).
- Prize winners declared may be required to submit further proof of identity/age, as may be required by the Event Promoter, for disbursement of prize money, failing which the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, withhold disbursement or disqualify the said participant from competition.
- Prize Money is subject to applicable Indian Income Tax Rules, and the same would be borne by the winner.
- Marathon age category winners from overseas will receive prize money equivalent in U S Dollars calculated at the applicable exchange rate as on date of disbursement.
- Protests and Appeals:
- Any confirmed marathon (amateur) runner of the Tata Mumbai Marathon 2023 can lodge a protest in relation to the official race results in relation to the age category finish positions declared after the race.
- The Protest Letter must be sent to the following address: Race Director, Tata Mumbai Marathon 2023, C/o Procam International Pvt. Ltd., 14, St. James Court, Marine Drive, Mumbai 400 020, India.
- Only the protest letters received on or before Thursday, 19th January 2023, will be entertained.
- A jury shall deliberate, verify and deliver its decision on the Protest within 14 working days of receiving the Protest Letter. The decision will be intimated to the person lodging the protest and shall be featured on the event website, where in favourable.
- Decision of the Event Promoter shall be final and binding on all.
- Timing results: Where the timing result of an amateur marathon runner with respect to his/her gender and/or age, is required to be updated online, the runner needs to write, no later than 19/01/2023, at email@example.com, specifying the nature of edit required and attaching the relevant proof of change. Requests received after 19/01/2023 will not be entertained.