It’s time for Tata Mumbai Marathon 2020
Procam International, pioneers of distance running events in India, today announced the launch of registrations for the 17th edition of Tata Mumbai Marathon (TMM), beginning Friday, 26th July 2019. Asia’s most prestigious marathon will witness 50,000 runners take a step forward in an event that inspires everyone it touches, to #BeBetter. As per tradition, the running extravaganza has set its date for the Maximum City, on the third Sunday of the new year, 19th January 2020.
Unlike any other event in the country, Tata Mumbai Marathon has the privilege of being hosted and launched from the glorious precincts of Raj Bhavan. The Raj Bhavan welcomed to its majestic environs, dignitaries and sponsors of the event including Suprakash Mukhopadhyay Company Secretary, Tata Sons, Ujjwal Mathur-Vice President and Country Head, Tata Consultancy Services, the title sponsors of the event and Anil & Vivek Singh, Promoters Procam International. The first citizen of the state, the Honorable Governor of Maharashtra, Shri. CH. Vidyasagar Rao signed on, as the first participant of TMM 2020.
Harish Bhat, Brand Custodian Tata Sons said, “ We are delighted to continue our partnership with India’s premier marathon the Tata Mumbai Marathon. We hope the event is even more enabling, engaging and inclusive. As the largest marathon in Asia, the Tata Mumbai Marathon is where runners, athletes, activists and citizens come converge as the face of new India to the world.”
Vivek Singh, Joint MD, Procam International said, “The registrations for TMM begin six months in advance to ensure an equal opportunity for all to be a part of this mega event. Each year we strive towards engaging with and inducting new participants into the running fraternity and this year, we look forward to welcoming 50,000 runners at TMM 2020. For 2020, we have the Open 10K exclusively for women and those running for a cause.
Decades ago, when the inaugural edition was announced in 2004, we could hardly imagine a running movement that would sweep across the country. This event has inspired citizens to come together on a common platform, beyond boundaries of sport, religion, race and colour. We are humbled and grateful to our sponsors, partners, city authorities and importantly participants from across India and the world; they have all played a crucial part, in making this event the sporting Festival of Mumbai!”
- The Full Marathon registration for the TMM 2020 will commence on Friday, 26th July 2019 at 0700 hrs and stay open until 29th November 2019 or till running places are filled, whichever is earlier.
- Registration for the Half Marathon will start on Thursday, 1st August 2019 at 0700 hrs and close on Friday, 30th August 2019. Owing to the growing popularity of the Half Marathon, this year the event has introduced new qualification criteria for:
- Fastest Runners First - Half marathon registrations in “Fastest Runners First” criteria will not be on first come first served basis, entries with fastest timing certificates in respective gender and age preference slab will get confirmed first. Due to finite number of running places, achieving one's qualifying time does not guarantee entry to the event, but simply the opportunity to submit application.
- Good for Silvers (60+)
- Runners with Disability
- Half Marathon registrations in women, overseas, runners with disability, good for silvers (60+) criterion will close on Friday, 29th November 2019 or as soon as running places are filled, whichever is earlier.
- Registration for the 10K category for all amateur women runners including charity bibs will open on Tuesday, 13th August 2019 at 11:00 am and close on Friday, 27th September 2019 or till running places are filled, whichever is earlier.
- The Dream Run registrations will commence on Tuesday, 5th November 2019, at 0700 hrs and close on Friday, 22nd November 2019 or till running places are filled, whichever is earlier.
- Registration for the Senior Citizens’ Run and Champions with Disability category, will open on Monday, 19th August 2019 at 0700 hrs and close on Friday, 29th November 2019, or till running places are filled, whichever is earlier.
- Physical entries for all the categories, will close on 30th August 2019
- Only online registrations will be accepted in Dream run and Open 10K race categories.
- For more registration details, pls log onto procam.in/tatamumbaimarathon
ABBOTTWMM WANDA AGE GROUP WORLD RANKINGS
Tata Mumbai Marathon 2020 will continue to be a qualifying race of the AbbottWMM Wanda Age Group World Rankings. Amateur full marathon participants will get an opportunity to be a part of the world ranking system and be ranked in their respective age group globally. It also extends a chance for the top-ranked age-group athletes to qualify and participate in the AbbottWMM Wanda Age Group World Championship in 2021. For more details, log on to www.abbottwmm.com
RUN FOR FULL – “MUMKIN HAI” Initiative
Introduced last year by Procam International in association with STRIDERS – the foremost fitness-training group in India, TMM 2019 saw a 21% increase in Full Marathon participants. This transition from the half to the full marathon, speaks highly of the training and motivation that Striders is able to impart on ground.
2019-20 edition of Procam Slam is launched with renewed vigour. Runners will be rewarded with a Running Kit, get to choose their special number Running Bib, Procam Slam Medal, a commemorative Procam Slam Frame, Extended Registration Period, Cash prizes and more.
A runner’s Procam Slam cycle shall commence from the Event he/she first registers and finishes (feature race category only), w.e.f. 1st April 2019. It is clarified that the runner will not be eligible for more than one Procam Slam cycle, from their 1st event till the 4th consecutive event.
- Bengaluru – Mumbai cycle – By 28th February
- Delhi – Bengaluru cycle- By 30th June
- Kolkata – Delhi cycle – By 30th November
- Mumbai – Kolkata cycle- By 31st January
For online registrations log onto the event website procam.in/tatamumbaimarathon
Duly filled entry forms with the requisite entry fee can be mailed to P.O. Box No. 11017, Marine Lines Post Office, Mumbai - 400 020.
Mumbai residents can also deposit their application forms with the requisite application fees at select Asics stores and select Selection Centre Sports stores, details of which are available on the event website.
Entry forms will also be available at select Asics stores, select Selection Centre Sports stores, Asian Heart Institute, United Way Mumbai office and available for download online at procam.in/tatamumbaimarathon
For further details log on to procam.in/tatamumbaimarathon, or call the event helpline +91.22.42020200, Monday to Saturday between 10 am and 7 pm. You can also email us at email@example.com
TATA IN SPORTS
Tata Group, a global enterprise with combined revenues of around US $110.7 billion (2017-18), along with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), one of the world’s leading IT services, consulting and business solutions organisations, are the title sponsor of the Tata Mumbai Marathon.
Sport has always been an integral part of the Tata group for over 75 years. Tatas association with multiple sports ranging from cricket, football, hockey, badminton, chess, athletics, mountaineering and motor racing, among others, has produced many award-winning sportspersons, helped the development of marginal communities and supported sporting teams, national and international events as well as training academies. The Tata Sports Club was set up in 1937 to encourage sports among its employee base across the country.
TCS is the sponsor of many premier global marathons across the world like the TCS New York City Marathon, the TCS Amsterdam Marathon, and the TCS Lidingloppet (the world’s largest cross-country run), and the technology partner of the marathons held in London, Chicago, and Boston — all part of the company’s effort to promote health and fitness in the communities, the world over.
ABOUT PROCAM INTERNATIONAL
Since its inception in 1988, Procam International has been the driving force behind the growth and development of sports management in India. Envisioned by founders Anil and Vivek Singh, Procam, is one of the leading companies in holistic sports management, sports consultancy, and live television programming. With astute planning and exemplary execution, Procam has a track record of conceptualising and promoting over 100 international events, across disciplines -Powerboat Racing, Cricket, Football, Tennis, Distance Running, Squash, WWE, Horse Racing, Volleyball among others. These events have elicited the participation of the highest calibre of athletes, as well as huge public interest and attendance.
Pioneers of the distance running movement in India, Procam International’s Big 4 –Tata Mumbai Marathon, Airtel Delhi Half Marathon, Tata Consultancy Services World 10K and Tata Steel Kolkata 25 K are global leaders in their respective distances. These events have ushered in a running revolution that has helped to re-define, the health, fitness and giving paradigm of our country.